What is Physical Activity
Bodily movements produced by skeletal muscles that need energy expenditure.
Why it’s Important?
- Improve our health
- Improve our quality of life
- Produce long term health benefits
Types of Physical Activity
- Aerobic activities – Make our heart and lung functioning properly.
- Muscle strengthening activities – For Eg: Pushups and lifting weights, make our muscles stronger.
- Bone strengthening activities: – For Eg: Jumping – Promotes bone growth and make our bone stronger.
- Balance & Strengthening activities – For Eg: Dancing and Yoga – Enhance Physical stability and flexibility.
Benefits of Physical Activity:
- It helps to increase individual’s confidence level, a feeling of independence.
- It helps to increase physical and mental strength such as more efficient metabolism and decrease depression anxiety and stress.
- It helps to increase lipoprotein level, so it improves over all cardio vascular health.
- It helps to reduce risk of cancers.
Physical activity for school children
RECOMMENDED AGE GROUP: 5 – 17 YEARS
- Different sports activity helps for school age children.
- Being active also good health for school age children
Physical activity for older people
- “WALKING” is the main activity for older people
- If older adults with poor in mobility( according to the who updated) recommended only to physical activity 2 – 3 days per week.
- Muscle strengthening activities only for 2 or 3 dys per week
Promotion of regular amount of proper physical activity may be useful in improving our daily activities.